2017/04/29 Pinewood Derby
Everglades District Pinewood Derby
- Please email your Packs 1st through 3rd place finishers for each rank (Tiger, Wolf, Bear & Webelos) to
John Q – firstname.lastname@example.org
- All pack entries (finishers) must be received by Thursday, April 27th.
- If your pack is not scheduled to race before the above date, please email me at the email address listed above with the date of your scheduled pack race.
- Please send the name of your 4th place finisher if you know for certain that one of you 1st – 3rd place finishers are unable to race on the day of the race. This scout should plan on attending race day with their car.
- LEAVE NO TRACE BOTH INSIDE AND OUT
Inside: Leaders please remind your Scouts & Parents to clean up their area before they leave.
Outside: Scouts may run and play in the open grassy area. Scouts are not permitted to run through plantings and flower beds along the walk way. Any Scout caught will be given a verbal warning, 2nd offense: A parent will be notified, 3rd time offense: A scout will be disqualified from the race and asked to leave.
Please note that there is no way for us to know with absolute certainty how long it will take to check each scout in, weight each car and run a complete race consisting of two heats.
The times given are approximate and may vary.
We ask that you:
- Please be patient if time runs longer than scheduled.
- Plan your day accordingly.
- If your scout needs to leave to attend another event such as baseball, soccer etc. then his car will be removed from the race.