Commissioner Information and List
Commissioners are district and council leaders who help Scout units succeed. They coach and consult with adult leaders of Cub Scout packs, Boy Scout troops, and Venturing crews. Commissioners help maintain the standards of the Boy Scouts of America.
Susie Metzler, District Commissioner
Retention Mission Statement
The retention mission of the commissioner corps is best achieved by providing an adequate number of trained unit commissioners who provide a link to district committee resources in support of a quality unit program.
Roles the Commissioner Plays
A commissioner plays several roles, including friend, representative, unit "doctor," teacher, and counselor.
- The commissioner is a friend of the unit.
- The commissioner is a representative.
- The commissioner is a unit "doctor.
- The commissioner is a teacher.
- The commissioner is a counselor.
Unit Worksheets attached at bottom of page
Unit commissioners will focus on the following four primary areas:
- Supporting unit growth in the Journey to Excellence criteria: JTE measures performance characteristics that unlock the door to a successful unit. We should analyze the unit's program and identify JTE areas where help is needed to move the unit to a higher level of JTE success.
- Linking district committee resources to the unit: We should support the district committee's delivery of a "catalog of services" to support the specific JTE elements needed for a particular unit's health and success.
- Visiting units and logging the visits into the Unit Visit Tracking System (UVTS): Our core task remains visiting the unit. UVTS input feeds critical information to the district committee to help link resources to the unit.
- Supporting on-time charter renewal: The commissioner's focus is the retention of the unit, though we should be especially mindful of supporting new youth membership efforts as we move more toward a volunteer-led, professionally guided approach to increasing membership.
Commissioners of Everglades District
Balfour Jacob Abrams
Pack 100, Troop 327
Brad Steven Stockwell
Pack 334, Pack 335
Pack 333, Troop 333, Pack 353
Debra Ann McCabe
Pack 208, Troop 208
Pack 315, Pack 323, Pack 326, Troop 315, Troop 323
Jennifer Michelle Mollitor
John Douglas Anderson
Pack 306, Pack 324, Troop 325, Troop 356
Kenneth Wayne Harris
Pack 125, Pack 211, Troop 125
Pack 296, Troop 296, Crew 2296
Patricia Lou Metlika
Pack 205, Pack 224, Pack 243
Susanna Marie Metzler
Pack 212, Pack 241, Troop 395
Thomas W. Chewning
Pack 308, Pack 311, Troop 301, Troop 308
Walter Neil Dayberry
Pack 197, Pack 274, Troop 4125